Here are some of the attraction’s green features:
- Approximately 20% of the building construction materials were recycled, including environmentally friendly bamboo and recycled rubber flooring.
- The carpeting is “cradle to cradle” which means it is made from recycled carpet.
- Almost 90% of construction waste from the project was salvaged, reused or recycled.
- The landscaping features in and around World of Coca‑Cola include light-colored paving, vegetated grounds, and a reflective roof to reduce the urban “heat island effect.”
- Inside, the air quality has been enhanced through low-emission paints, adhesives, sealants and carpeting.
- The entire building was designed to optimize energy efficiency and is 30% more energy efficient than standards required by the Georgia state energy code.
- The attraction also uses 40% less water than standard buildings as every faucet and water fixture has been fitted for lowering water consumption.
- Beverage cups in the popular Taste It! beverage lounge are fully recyclable and are made with PlantBottle Technology™