Last Updated: August 30, 2019
(TL;DR VERSION – 100 Words)
- These Terms apply to websites, mobile apps, and online services that link back to them.
- These are free services; we’re not promising they’re perfect, use them as-is.
- Follow the law and respect other users.
- Any dispute must be filed in arbitration, in Georgia (unless a small claims court can hear it).
- No judge, no jury, no class actions.
- If you submit information or a creation, we own it.
- That includes submissions made on our social media pages or partner pages.
- E-mail us at https://us.coca-cola.com/help/message/.
- Call at +1 800 520 2653
Security. We maintain safeguards intended to protect the integrity and security of the Site. However, we cannot guarantee that the Site will be secure, complete or correct, or that access to the Site will remain uninterrupted.
Registration; User Names and Passwords. To use certain portions of the Site, you may be required to create an account and be issued a password. Your user name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential. You are responsible for any use or misuse of your user name or password. Please promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your user name, password, or your Site account.
Third Party Web Sites; Links. The Site links to other web sites and online services. We have no control over such third parties. We do not endorse their products and services. We are not responsible for the availability, accuracy, or security of such sites.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Follow the Law. While using the Site, you are required to comply with these Terms and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Respect Others. We also expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Do not use the Site to harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others. Do not impersonate anyone. Do not disrupt the operation of the Site. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to restrict or terminate accounts that do not comports with these Rules of Conduct and to remove any materials that violate these Terms or which we find objectionable.
Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, and our directors, officers, employees, agents, Affiliates, authorized bottlers and distributors, shareholders, licensors, and representatives, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site, (b) any violation of these Terms by you or through your account; and (c) any allegation that any Submission or Creation (defined below) you make available or create through or in connection with the Site infringes or otherwise violates the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
Termination. We may terminate your access to the Site at our sole discretion, at any time, and without prior notice. We may immediately deactivate or delete all related information and files.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Disclaimer. THE SITE AND ALL OF ITS TEXT, IMAGES, AND SOFTWARE (COLLECTIVELY, “CONTENTS”) ARE PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE.
Limitation of Liability. We recognize that some laws provide consumers specific rights and remedies and prohibit waiver of the same. Except with respect to such laws, you waive all damages under any cause of action other than actual damage for out-of-pocket loss. For example, except with respect to such laws, you waive nominal damages, liquidated damages, statutory damages, consequential damages, presumed damages, as well as the imposition of costs and attorney’s fees.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF COMMUNICATIONS
Additional Communications. Any other information you submit on or through the Site will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. This includes all information you submit directly or indirectly (for example, through the use on a third-party social media site using a hashtag we promote).
Submissions and Creations. Submissions and Creations (defined below) will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You acknowledge that any information in a Submission or Creation is public information.
The Site and its Contents, including all trademarks, service marks, and graphical elements, are our sole property unless otherwise expressly noted and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. The Site and its Contents may also contain various third-party names, trademarks, and service marks that are the property of their respective owners. Subject to these Terms, you are granted a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use the Site solely for your own personal, non-commercial purposes and solely in accordance with these Terms.
This license is terminable at any time, and does not grant you any additional rights with respect to the Site or its Contents. The Coca-Cola Company reserves all other rights. You may not modify, alter or change any Content, or distribute, publish, transmit, reuse, re-post, reverse engineer, or disassemble the Content or any portion thereof for public or commercial purposes, including, without limitation, the text, images, audio and video. Your use of any Content, except as provided in these Terms, without our written permission of is strictly prohibited.
SUBMISSIONS AND CREATIONS
On-Site Submissions and Creations. The Site may include a variety of interactive services, such as instant messaging, forums and blogs. You may be able to submit information using these services (“On-Site Submissions”). You also may be able to create materials using the services (“On-Site Creations”).
Off-Site Submissions and Creations. The same sort of interactive services may be available on certain third-party websites and social media platforms. You may use these services to submit information (“Off-Site Submissions”), e.g., using hashtags we promote or commenting on our social media pages. You may also use those third-party services to create materials (“Off-Site Creations”).
On-Site Submissions and Off-Site Submissions shall, collectively, be referred to herein as “Submissions”; On-Site Creations and Off-Site Creations shall, collectively, be referred to herein as “Creations.”
Grant of Rights for Submission and Creations. You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license with respect to all Submissions and Creations. We can use this license with no compensation to you. The license allows us: (a) to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt (including without limitation edit, modify, translate, and reformat), derive, transmit, display and perform, publicly or otherwise, any Submission and/or Creation (including without limitation your voice, image or likeness as embodied in such Submission or Creation), in any media now known or hereafter developed, for our business purposes, and (b) to sublicense the foregoing rights, through multiple tiers, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. The foregoing licenses shall survive termination of these Terms for any reason.
Representation and Warranty. For each Submission and each Creation, you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant these licenses (including without limitation rights in any musical compositions and/or sound recordings embodied or embedded in any Submission or Creation), and that such Submission or Creation, and your provision or creation thereof through the Site, complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission and Creation that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
You Have Sole Responsibility for Your Submissions and Creations. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for any Submission or Creation you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of any Submission or Creation by third parties. You understand that your Submissions and Creations may be accessible to other parties, who may be able to share your Submissions and Creations with others and to make them available elsewhere, including on other sites and platforms.
We Are Not Responsible For Third Parties. We have no control over what third parties may do with your Submission or Creation. We have no legal liability for such misuse. We also do not endorse and are not responsible for any opinions, advice, statements, information, or other materials made available in any Submission or Creation.
Feedback. Please visit our Contact Us page to submit any ideas or creations.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION TERMS (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Choice of Arbitrator and Rules. Any disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with your use of the Site (each, a “Dispute”) must be submitted exclusively to the American Arbitration Association (AAA) to be heard under their Consumer Arbitration Rules. If for any reason, AAA is unable or unwilling to conduct the arbitration consistent with these terms, you and we will pick another arbitrator pursuant to 9 U.S. Code § 5.
Mandatory (Individual) Arbitration. You agree that any Dispute between us shall be resolved exclusively in individual (non-class) arbitration. The parties intend to be bound to the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. An arbitration means there will be no jury, and no judge.
Scope of Arbitration. The arbitrator shall exclusively determine all issues as to the Dispute, applying these Terms. The arbitrator shall also determine any question as to whether any Dispute or issue is subject to arbitration. The arbitrator shall not have the power to hear any Dispute as a class action, mass action, or representative action. The arbitrator shall not have any power to issue relief to anyone but You or us.
Exception to Arbitration (Small Claims Court). Disputes that can be fully resolved in small claims court need not be submitted to arbitration.
Choice of Venue (Fulton County, Georgia). You agree that any Disputes shall be heard exclusively in Fulton County, Georgia unless otherwise agreed to by the Parties or determined by the arbitrator. You consent to jurisdiction in the State of Georgia for all purposes.
Choice of Law (Georgia). These Terms and your use of the Site are governed by the laws of the State of Georgia, U.S.A., without regard to its choice of law provisions. However, any determination as to whether a Dispute is subject to arbitration, or as to the conduct of the arbitration, shall be governed exclusively by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq.
Class Action Waiver. You agree that any Dispute between us shall be resolved in an individual action. Under no circumstances will you file, seek, or participate in a class action, mass action, or representative action in connection with a Dispute.
Remedies Available in Arbitration. The arbitrator may grant any remedy, relief, or outcome that the parties could have received in court, including awards of attorney’s fees and costs, in accordance with the law(s) that applies to the case, except injunctive relief.
Injunctive Relief. The arbitrator may not issue any injunction. If either party in a Dispute seeks injunctive relief, the arbitrator will complete arbitration of the Dispute, issue an award of monetary compensation (if any), and then the party seeking injunctive relief may file a new action in state or federal court in Fulton County, Georgia, solely for injunctive relief. The findings of fact and conclusions of law of the arbitrator shall not be submitted as evidence or constitute precedent in this subsequent suit.
Notices. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site, by email, or by regular mail, in our sole discretion. Notices to us should be made using the contact information below.
Evidence. You agree that a printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form, including by posting to the Site, shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms.
Force Majeure. We will not be responsible for any failure to fulfill any obligation due to any cause beyond our control.
Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to https://us.coca-cola.com/help/message/. You may also contact us by writing to The Coca-Cola Company, P.O. Box 1734, Atlanta, GA 30301, or by calling us at +1 800 520 2653. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Claims of Copyright Infringement. For information on how to report a claim of copyright infringement under The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”), please refer to our DMCA Policy.
Changes to the Site. We may modify or discontinue the Site and its Contents at any time, in our sole discretion.
Changes to the Terms. We may change these Terms at any time. We will provide reasonable notice, including by posting a revised version of these Terms through the Site.
Last Updated: April 8, 2020
“Personal Information” generally means any information that identifies you as an individual, and any other information we associate with it. We collect a few categories of information, from a few different sources:
1. Profile information and other content you voluntarily provide us, which may include:
- User name and password
- Contact information when you register on our Sites, such as your name, street address, demographic information (such as your gender), date of birth, phone number, and/or email address. You may also provide us information about other people, such as when you direct us to send a gift on your behalf.
- Any content or contributions you post in a public space on the Sites. This includes comments, videos and photos that you might submit. If you contact us through a social media site, we may collect your social media identifier.
- Any information you provide in communications with us, such as via social media, e-mail or our customer call center.
- Payment information, such as when you make a purchase with us and we need your billing information to process the transaction.
2. Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites, such as by our web servers and by third party analytics tools we use:
- Our system logs may record certain information about visitors to our Sites, including the web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device and mobile ad identifiers, browser information, interaction with the Sites, pages viewed, app usage, and other such information; we may collect similar information from emails you receive from us that can help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
- We may detect the physical location of your device by, for example, using GPS information collected by mobile apps or location information shared by your web browser. We collect this information for purposes of enhancing or facilitating our services, such as enabling certain functionalities of the Sites that can provide you with information about promotions or relevant product information near you. We may use your device’s physical location to better understand how our Sites and other services and functionality are being used and to provide you with relevant and personalized location-based services and content, including advertising. Should you wish to opt out of the collection of this information, please adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. Please consult your device settings for further information.
3. We may receive information from third parties such as advertising and marketing partners, public databases, and social media platforms, to supplement the information we receive from our consumers. If we do so, this policy governs how we can use that information.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information as permitted by law, for the following business purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- to send administrative information to you, such as about your account or purchases or respond to your inquiries and requests for information
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, donations, promotions, campaigns, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and accounts
- to inform you about our brands, products, promotions, events or other promotional purposes
- to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while
- to send you advertising/promotional material from any of our affiliates, and on behalf of our promotional and strategic partners
- to improve your experience with our products and services, such as by personalizing your experience with us
- to process rewards, prizes, and donations, as applicable
- to allow you to participate in polls, sweepstakes, instant win promotions, contests and other promotions and to administer these activities
- to deliver gift cards or gifts to others in accordance with your instructions
- to permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds
- to perform analytics, quality control, market research, and determine the effectiveness of our websites, mobile applications, promotional campaigns, and develop new products and services
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate for certain essential purposes, including:
- to comply with applicable law and legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- to detect, prevent, or investigate potential security incidents or fraud
- to facilitate the functionality of our mobile applications and websites
- to provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our operations or those of our affiliates
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, security and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
1. To the extent permitted by law, all of your Personal Information may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other services, to enable them to provide services
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- in connection with the essential purposes described above (e.g., to comply with legal obligations)
2. To the extent permitted by law, your name and contact information (and other information you make public) may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- to third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship for promotional activities, where permitted by law
3. To the extent permitted by law, information that is passively collected when you use the Sites may be disclosed with the following categories of third parties:
- our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provide cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies for use on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
DO NOT TRACK
THIRD PARTY SITES
We are also not responsible for the privacy and data security practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Twitter or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer. Please read their privacy policies and consider customized settings on your browser or through your mobile phone to limit disclosure of certain information, such as location data.
The Sites may include a link to our Careers section. Any Personal Information submitted through that portion of the Sites, by upload or via e-mail, will be governed by our Resume/CV Submission Policy at https://www.coca-colacompany.com/careers.
We use standard physical, technical and administrative measures designed to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS RIGHTS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
- You can opt out of receiving promotional emails and mailing by informing us of your preferences when you sign up for a Coca-Cola account or modifying your promotional preferences online in your profile account management section. To stop receiving phone, mail, SMS, and/or email marketing communications from us, you may text “STOP” to a text message from us or click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email from us. In addition, you may let us know as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please specify which types of communications you no longer wish to receive, and the relevant telephone number, address, and/or e-mail address. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as emails about your accounts or purchases.
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have received and processed a request from you not to do so. To submit such a request, please contact us by clicking here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Please note that we may continue to share your Personal Information with our affiliates, service providers, for essential purposes described above and other such circumstances.
How you can access or delete your Personal Information
- You may request a copy of the following: (1) The categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (2) The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected; (3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the Personal Information; (4) The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and (5) The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- You may request that we delete your personal information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
You have the right not to be discriminated against in service or price if you exercise your privacy rights, and we will love you just as much if you do exercise them.
To request a copy of Personal Information we have collected about you, or to request that the your information be deleted, please contact us by clicking here: Privacy Requests. You may authorize another person (your “agent”) to submit a request on your behalf. If an authorized agent will be submitting a request for you, please visit Privacy Requests. We will aim to complete requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws. Please note that we are required to verify that your agent has been properly authorized to request information on your behalf and this may take additional time to fulfill your request.
If you have an account with us, you may also make certain changes directly through your account profile page. Please note that changes you make on your account profile page through one of our Sites may not always be reflected on other Sites operated by us.
We do not intend for our websites or other online services to knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow minors under the age of 13 to disclose their Personal Information to us through the Sites. The Sites are directed to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. You may mark your inquiry “COPPA Information Request.” Parents can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online here.
We may ask for additional consent during the account sign-up process from minors ages 13 to 15 years of age under relevant and applicable laws if personal information may be shared outside of Coca-Cola and its affiliates and service providers.
If you are under the age of 18 and a registered user of the Sites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Sites by contacting us as directed below in the “Contacting Us” section. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, for example, another user of the Sites may have reposted your public content somewhere else on the Sites or on another website.
1. You may email us at: https:/us.coca-cola.com/help/
2. You may call us at 1-800-438-2653
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in any emails to us.